Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 in Hercules

AbsolutelyN

Hazy sky last night so I setup the 250pds ready for when we eventually get a clear night. Amazingly skies must have cleared at some point as it managed 88 mins of data. SkyWatcher 250-PDS with 1600MM Pro - in just 1 and a half hours from Bortle 5.  
https://www.astrobin.com/i49p9i/0/

M13-250PDS-SMALL-DARKER.thumb.jpg.db229c81f7d7152c0bd44338b226a20a.jpg

Edited by AbsolutelyN
  • Like 22

17 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Amazing, well done. It knocks the socks off mine! 😄

Thanks. Was pretty surprised with it as expected absolutely nothing given poor conditions. Need to figure out how to fix the stars though. 

That’s a great image! I love the star concentration and colours- beautifully presented. Nice galaxy top left too!! I have SW200P and I get some asymmetrical flare with star diffraction spikes too if that was what you were referring to? 
Gerr.

14 minutes ago, Gerr said:

That’s a great image! I love the star concentration and colours- beautifully presented. Nice galaxy top left too!! I have SW200P and I get some asymmetrical flare with star diffraction spikes too if that was what you were referring to? 
Gerr.

Thanks. Yes, the cause has just been explained on astrobin (thanks Minos) - its the mirror clips and can be fixed with an aperture mask.

Edited by AbsolutelyN
  • Like 1