Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m67

alacant

Hi everyone

The coastal strip at Alicante is narrow and the plain rises abruptly thereafter giving poor viewing to the west, so here at least, this kinda represents the end of milky way stuff until summer. Time to get the OAG on the long reflector.

Never very good with blue stars, but this seems OK as -it says here- mainly old red stars. 

Thanks for looking and do post if you've had a go at this.

pn208, 36 x 90s 

1334927386_1-67(1)_04.thumb.jpg.040cd62052cd65005164ced9f6734b71.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 4

I love seeing open clusters like this, especially in a wider context. I'm afraid I can't match your FOV as the Lodestar is my main and only camera, but this is an observation of the 'core' from last year from near Vitoria. You may be aware that there are quite a few galaxies in the M67 field, and that was what I was mainly interested in pulling out. I've marked three of them but there are plenty more. The middle one is mag 18.3, the others a little brighter.

cheers

Martin

536907471_Messier6710Mar21_18_57_25.jpg.86b444c67d65113fafbd426a31e968e0.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Martin Meredith said:

quite a few galaxies in the M67 field

Hi

Thanks for posting your image and no, no idea about the galaxies. I think that with our DSLR, we'd need significantly longer frames to get anywhere near your definition. Lovely shot.

Cheers

• Like 1