NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

-Upgrading to CEM70 for Astrophotography?

Hi,

Have the beltmodded and "supertuned" EQ6 Pro atm. I have worked hard for perfecting the guiding and am now stable at 0.4-0.6 RMS (3.2"/pixel resolution), but interupted by some jumps here and there. So its guiding good, but its not consistent, likely because of some backlash. Loooong story short: I throw away 1/3-1/4 destroyed subs, and I cant get rid of that backlash, but dont want this post to be about that:) 

Im playing with the thought of purchasing the CEM70 version with USB 3.0 (iGuider and Polemaster integrated), mostly because i believe it will me more consistent - but also just a better mount.
Anyone with Skywatcher experience who owns this? I've read/watched on youtube that the Alt knobs are not perfect, but nothing more.

I use the equipment listed in signature below. Might get a new scope down the line, but i wont blow the weight limit for the mount any time soon.

Is this a smart route to take? Any thoughts? 

Edited by masjstovel

6 minutes ago, masjstovel said:

Robin, Looks good! Would have to wait half a year or so after its for sale to see what people think though

Now now, some of us need to be early adopters in order to pass experience to the rest of us :D