NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky Watcher Adventurer Pro 2i Polar Scope Problem

UberStar

I have recenly purchased a skywatcher adventurer pro 2i and followed advice on youtube how to polar allign, so i founda guy on youtube who went into some details to make sure the 0 was pointing directly up and the 6 directly south (link to video)

So when i do this method in his youtube video and set my dial to between 10 and 11 my scope is slightly out its is more wonky to the right like in this link 

Is there a way to twist the scope to the left slightly so it all matches up ?

My tripod is leveled and so i know this is not the issue its 100% the scope or the inners of the scope.

I hope i have explained this correctly for someone to understand.

Hi

My star adventurer 2i hasn't arrived yet but but I've been researching the setup and polar alignment in preparation for when it arrives and this link may be of help to you hopefully, clear skies. 

https://nightskypix.com/skywatcher-star-adventurer-pro-setup-and-user-guide/#:~:text=To align the Star Adventurer,Adventurer to the celestial pole.

17 hours ago, UberStar said:

I have recenly purchased a skywatcher adventurer pro 2i and followed advice on youtube how to polar allign, so i founda guy on youtube who went into some details to make sure the 0 was pointing directly up and the 6 directly south (link to video)

So when i do this method in his youtube video and set my dial to between 10 and 11 my scope is slightly out its is more wonky to the right like in this link 

Is there a way to twist the scope to the left slightly so it all matches up ?

My tripod is leveled and so i know this is not the issue its 100% the scope or the inners of the scope.

I hope i have explained this correctly for someone to understand.

In the video he links to the manual where there is a procedure to calibrate the reticle.

• Like 1

I figured it out, it was not listed anywhere that i could find. So my reticle. was spinning on its x properly it was just not straight with the 0 pointing noth it was more just off north towards north east ish, but if you unscrew the magnifier out and look close inside you see 2 notches and you can get your thumb nail in there and twist the cap off the reticle. and then twist the reticle. with your finger until you have it straight and then you can calibrate properly from there. Wish i had done a video to explain a bit better but its the best way i can explain.

• Like 1