Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hubble or HOO Palette with OSC Dual Narrowband Filters - How to??

Hi,

I'm trying to go for a tri or bi colour image with my first light data from my 2600MC Pro and Optolong L-eNhance Filter but I'm not sure on the work flow.

I use Photoshop only. I have downloaded Annie's Actions. In PS I split the R, G and B channels and then stretch them all a bit and save them as individual images. I then reopen the stacked data as is (rgb) and stretch that. Then using Annie's Actions there is a bi colour or Hubble palette action. It asks for Ha, SII,  OIII data, which out ot the split R, G, B do I assign to each filter?

Or if its more doable I would like to create a bi colour image, red and blue or similar, or orangey blue etc.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by smr
  • Like 1

• smr changed the title to Hubble or HOO Palette with OSC Dual Narrowband Filters - How to??
  • 1 month later...

I have seen a few examples of people doing this and with tutorials on other software programs but none on photoshop. As I only use PS myself I’m keen to see if and how the workflow can be done. Hopefully someone has an answer. 

Not sure about the transmission lines of that filter but normally you would assign the sulphur II line to red, hydrogen alpha to green and oxygen III to blue to get the "traditional" SHO Hubble pallet. Have a look at the graph of how that filter works probably on the Optolong website and it might help you determine which wavelengths it passes and then you can assign it accordingly.