SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EKOS Meridian Flip not happening

vineyard

Hello,

Hope all safe & well.  I'm going to check on Indilib forums too, but thought I would also post here in case anyone has faced similar problems recently.

Basically my EKOS doesn't actually do the meridian flip.  It correctly calculates when the flip is due (I've ticked the flip box & set it to 0.10 hrs) and when the time arrives, it says it's doing the flip, aligning post-flip etc, and that the flip has been done.  But the actual physical flip doesn't happen?

(I think I've changed how the mounting sits - earlier (when the flip used to work) I had the tightening bolts on the saddle on the right hand side (if you're standing behind & looking at Polaris) but now I have the on the left by basically rotating the saddle 180deg - could that be a factor?)

Cheers & stay safe,

Vin

There's been occasional bugs with KStar's meridian flip stuff getting stuck in the wrong state. Is this with indi_eqmod?

I'd recommend grabbing whatever logs you have (and if you can reproduce the fault, do so with debug logging enabled for the mount etc before you start and connect devices) and filing a bug with the KStars team at https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/issues 

Shouldn't really matter what side the saddle bolts sit on, though bolts on the left are I believe "correct".

• Thanks 1

Thanks both @discardedastro & @JamesF.  I took your suggestion Discarded and saved a log of the mount - have posted it on Stellarmate support & Indilib forum - let's see what the feedback is.  Glad to see you resolved it James - gives me hope.  It used to work for me, but who knows what's happening now!

Cheers,

Vin