New Tak mount?

A McEwan

Correction to earlier text - I've edited this to reflect that I actually found this picture on a Japanese seller's site through Zenmarket, and it has an FC76-DCU mounted on it. This mount is included and ... it looks nice! Does anybody here know anything about it, like will the mount be coming to the UK at all, or technical details?

Ant

get.png

Edited by A McEwan

I don’t know that mount , but I avoid that design as balancing is really tricky. You get it adjusted it one elevation and then move to another elevation and it’s front or back heavy. It’s more like a video head design than an astronomical altaz 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I don’t know that mount , but I avoid that design as balancing is really tricky. You get it adjusted it one elevation and then move to another elevation and it’s front or back heavy. It’s more like a video head design than an astronomical altaz 

Indeed. AZ-3 mounts are ike that, so I added a counterweight system to mine which made it much better (completely removed the problem). I wondered if the new Tak model might have some kind of variable friction clutch arrangement, but haven't found anything out yet.

3 hours ago, JeremyS said:

..but it's got a lovely panning handle though?:rolleyes2::)

Edited by F15Rules
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

The source of that photo is more than likely from Starbase, a shop in Akihabara, Tokyo. For astro enthusiasts who have travelled to Tokyo, they've more than likely come across the Starbase shop. I bought my Takahashi µ250CRS from there, countless other accessories.

http://www.starbase.co.jp/SHOP/SB-S066s.html

I don't know about this mount but I've seen Starbase having their own products (cateogrised as "Starbase Original"). I gather they've managed to find and OEM under their own label.

• Like 1