Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telrad dewing

Spile

It may work tried rainx on a visor  didn't work due to glass having tiny pits and the rainx fills them it and make the glass smooth so the rain can't stick and visor does not , but this says for glass and visor 

I have a cover on mine I just pull it off use the telrad then refit it so it does not dew up I think wookie1965 made a heater for his 

Edited by Neil H
Kindle puts in its own words

I've used RainX for years on the rear window of my wiper-less car. I find it great for water hitting the windscreen in that it clears but it doesn't work as well for me when it comes to water settling AKA dew.

• 1 month later...

I had some nichrome wire and heat shrink left over from making dew heaters for my OTAs so I made a dew heater for my TelRads. I tightly wound the heat shrink wrapped nichrome around a length of ductile garden wire. I had shrunk the heat shrink onto the nichrome wire beforehand. Electrically the nichrome wire and the garden wire run in series. I then put larger diameter heat shrink over whole lot. It was then just a matter of forming the heater into the shape you see in the picture to fit into the Telrad and applying a touch of epoxy resin glue to keep it in shape. The heater is held in place by friction so that it can be removed. 

IMG_20200125_182636.jpg

• Like 1