Az gti swapping eyepiece for dslr & balancing

AstroNebulee

Hi

I've not seen a clear and definitive answer to my quandary. When I'm going to use my skymax 127 az gti during a session, I do my alignment using level North and get the alignment spot on for viewing with eyepieces but say I want to connect my dslr or zwo camera, I would need to balance my scope again to make sure it tracks properly. Now my question is how can I do this without losing the alignment for goto whilst I rebalance the scope for either my dslr or zwo. For example say I'm centred on the beehive cluster viewing with my ep then I'd like to connect my dslr to take a few images, (obviously I need to rebalance the scope) should I enable the auxiliary encoder before I manually move my scope to balance then use the freedom find function to set the alignment back to the beehive cluster and switch off the auxiliary encoder and vice versa for putting an ep back on to goto another target to view. I hope this makes sense, I did in my head but transcribing to written form can be confusing. I'm hoping other az gti owners have any opinions on this. Clear skies 

13 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Can you not align with the DSLR instead on bright stars or planets with liveview if you camera has it? 

I have live view on my Canon 450d but when in live view the stars don't appear very bright, not like looking through an ep, I had a quick experiment tonight during a brief clear spell, what worked sort of was as I was hoping, I alligned Mars with my ep, I then put auxiliary encoder (freedom find) on the synscan app on, then connected my dslr, rebalanced the scope, then clicked go toon Mars and turned off auxiliary encoder (freedom find) and seemed to align pretty well when taking a 10 sec 1600 iso shot to check. I'm not sure what other az gti owners do but I found this to work ok. 

13 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

Why not balance with the EP - note weight positions. Balance with the camera - again note weight positions. Then when you swap EP for camera you know where the weights need to be/adjusted to.

I have no weights on my scope and az gti, but I could if needed mark the positions of balance on the dovetail to make it easier, but in my previous reply to David taurus 83, using freedom find seemed to help when balancing. I will continue to test various ways as this was only my 3rd time out with my setup, clear skies