Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Triplet suggestions.

I'll try and keep this short and sweet. I was looking to get a triplet and I had put in an order for the ts photoline 80mm f/6 fpl53 triplet apo. Problem is I think I'm going to have to pay a load of money after Brexit and January 1st agreement. That said I'm more of a newt user than a refractor. I don't really know what I'm looking for and I spent several weeks looking around before I picked the aforementioned scope. I don't really understand what makes a refractor better over another. Like there are different types of glass, etc, FPL53/55. So having said that I'm quite stuck. I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you.

Are you intending this for imaging?

I had a 100mm triplet once, long long story about that(some other time), but this was for visual use.

All i knew back  then was triplet was better than doublet. :iamwithstupid:

It took like forever to cool,(my mak 127's quick in comparison) I would never buy another for visual use.

Others may differ?, but at least consider this ~unless you're set on imaging.

2 hours ago, SiriusB said:

Are you intending this for imaging?

I had a 100mm triplet once, long long story about that(some other time), but this was for visual use.

All i knew back  then was triplet was better than doublet. :iamwithstupid:

It took like forever to cool,(my mak 127's quick in comparison) I would never buy another for visual use.

Others may differ?, but at least consider this ~unless you're set on imaging.

I'm only interested in a triplet for imaging. I have a newt for visual but to be honest at this point I'm not really interested in visual use any more, plus I personally considering imaging visual anyway. What you capture is what you would've seen to some extent with your own eye. Obviously not talking in regards to most nebulae.