NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Keep a lookout every one

bottletopburly

Graham A friend has had a new scope purchased from flo mislaid assumed  stolen down  to couriers DHL  incompetence  please keep your eyes peeled on social media , eBay etc  this was taken from Ipswich area , please inform @FLO if spotted .

Can you all please keep your eyes open for this scope.

I purchased a  ' StellaLyra 10" f/8 M-LRC Ritchey-Chrétien Carbon Truss Telescope ' from FLO last week and it has gone missing.

Last Thursday the delivery driver delivered it to the wrong address.

On finding no one was home instead of taking the parcel back to the depot he left it in the front garden behind a bush. 😲

On returning to the address today it is no surprise theparcel has disappeared. 

Can you all keep an eye on social media, local Gumtree sites, Ebay ect where this might just come up for sale.

spacer.png

Edited by bottletopburly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

I’m sure this driver will be looking for a new job today. 

7 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Not exactly a cheap item to lose. DHL usually pretty good and only put in safe places specified by recipient or deliver to neighbour.
I hope DHL are compensating either FLO or the recipient.

Steve

@bottletopburly We have already dispatched a replacement telescope to your friend so all is good 🙂 

It might be premature to declare the first telescope is stolen. DHL did leave it unattended at the wrong address and it wasn't there when they returned but it is possible a neighbour retrieved it, perhaps to keep it safe (showers were forecast that day). Fingers crossed. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FLO said:

@bottletopburly We have already dispatched a replacement telescope to your friend so all is good 🙂 

It might be premature to declare the first telescope is stolen. DHL did leave it unattended at the wrong address and it wasn't there when they returned but it is possible a neighbour retrieved it, perhaps to keep it safe (showers were forecast that day). Fingers crossed. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Yes fingers crossed 🤞, yes graham said a replacement on its way hopefully 🙏🏻 a kind hearted neighbour has taken it in  🤔 .

• Like 1

What a lovely instrument, I love the build of this, the Truss system looks very stable and rigid,
Such  a well constructed looking instrument. Ptricey, but you can nsee what you get for your money here.
I do hope there is a  good end to this, the buyer must be feeling very sad, but Kudos to Flo.
They've acted very well,   which won't surprise anyone here.
Hopefully It turns up OK.
Ron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1