Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NINA and phd2 control issues

i recently migrated from APT to NINA and it's mostly fine except how it relates to phd2.

The first two times i fired up NINA it launched phd2 guiding in the first instance, before i had a chance to set up anything else, the trouble with that, is that it grabbed my main camera and allocated it to guiding, not my 120mm

So, I switched something off in NINA (cant remember what) which allowed me to install my main camera, focuser and mount...which means i then have to start and run phd manually afterwards, but NINA can't start and stop phd in relation to meridian flips, sequencing, slewing and probably some other stuff.

So, how do i get NINA to control phd automatically? am i missing a magic button?

2 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

When you go to the guider tab in NINA, have you reselected PHD2?

Under ; Equipment ~ Guider i have PHD2 selected, the others are synchronised PHD2 (experimental), Direct Guider and Lacerta... maybe i should try the experimental option

Also,; Options ~Equipment ~ Guider settings. this all looks normal to me with the correct filepath and server port being 4400

I use NINA quite a lot, but don't suffer that problem. In NINA you have told it which is the main camera, and in PHD2 you have told it which is the guide camera. I just then walk down the list in the Equipment tab, turning on one item at a time. I then get the message as each connects to NINA. Works every time. Sometimes, NINA throws a wobbler if the main camera is not connected, but it is fairly obvious what has happened, and it is just a question (for me at least) of unplugging and replugging the main camera. If you have set up your equipment list correctly, it should just work.