Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7000 Dark Structures

Rodd

My goal was to emphasize the foreground nature of this dark structure.  Its easy to have this dust cloud appear as background sky with a little clipping of the black point, which is often mistakenly done when the data contains a lot of noise.  FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600.  This is a center crop of a wider FOV.  9 hours using SHO palette.  about evenly distributed exposure times.  I would like to shoot this again with more aperture and bigger sensor.

A.thumb.jpg.e525fa2bc386bd8c9117a40ae305431a.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 23

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

My goal was to emphasize the foreground nature of this dark structure.  Its easy to have this dust cloud appear as background sky with a little clipping of the black point, which is often mistakenly done when the data contains a lot of noise.  FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600.  This is a center crop of a wider FOV.  9 hours using SHO palette.  about evenly distributed exposure times.  I would like to shoot this again with more aperture and bigger sensor.

outstanding work rod.