Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Equipment delays

It was the same in the summer. Covid closed a lot of factories and supply couldn't keep up with demand. I don't think supply has ever recovered. Most places get limited stock when shipments come in. 

It's a waiting game for most equipment at the minute.

Its also compounded by delays at various ports and its not just telescopes my wife has been waiting for a sewing machine ordered back in Oct which was originally due in Nov. I would imagine its going to be at least a year before they sort out various logistics issues stemming from covid, brexit etc. 

Edited by wibblefish

If you ordered from FLO it may be worth checking their stocks. They look a lot healthier today than they did yesterday. I’ve been looking at telescopes, and certainly the Williams Optics stuff is suddenly plentiful apart from the Space Cat, which had probably been subject to back orders. Might be worth seeing if the bountiful harvest has spread across all brands.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ande said:

If you ordered from FLO it may be worth checking their stocks. They look a lot healthier today than they did yesterday. I’ve been looking at telescopes, and certainly the Williams Optics stuff is suddenly plentiful apart from the Space Cat, which had probably been subject to back orders. Might be worth seeing if the bountiful harvest has spread across all brands.

ZWO gear is also back in.

• Like 1