Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What’s wrong with the Celestron CPC1100 ?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been contemplating purchasing the above or the 925 version for a  while now. After reading many SGL threads and asking questions I know it will fit my needs:

visual, planetary, small DSO and no Astro Photography. (Please tell me if I’m wrong here!)

Everyone who seems to have owned one of these always seems to be really impressed with it but then when I look for follow up posts they Always seem to have been sold on and fairly quickly.

The question ultimately is does it not meet  anyone’s needs or is back to the weight issue again??

I would be glad to hear from anyone who has actually owned one and could give a definitive thumbs up or down based on their experiences, did you regret buying it?

I’m hoping not to have too many regrets in the new year!

Thanks for you help, happy new year.

Andy

I had. CPC1100 and while it was a good scope did sell it on purely as it was a right pain to set up. Yes it’s heavy but the thing I liked least about it was the stupid little positioning pin in the top of the tripod that you had to drop the mount onto. You had to get it spot on or it wouldn’t go in. Not bad if you had someone to act as a spotter to guide you but on your own a pain while holding that heavy mount and OTA in the air.

I found I just hardly ever bothered setting it up so was a bit of a waste really.

The scope is better set up permanently in an obs.

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

There is a solution now available. Looked up the Meade Landing Pad which I knew about to get some ideas and came across this. 👍🏻

https://starizona.com/store/landing-pad-celestron-cpc-series

Looks like something you could duplicate if you are good at DIY. 🤔

6255F2AF-9382-4263-A654-D7DC9EC3ECE9.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1