NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera lens Bahtinov Mask from 52mm UV filter and black permanent marker?

Ags

I am thinking of making a Bahtinov Mask for my camera lenses from a cheap UV filter. I will just draw on a multi-line Y pattern with a black permanent marker. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

My thoughts is that 'permanent ink' marker pen may smudge or wear off eventually when you clean it... or you purchase a ready made Bahtinov Mask.

I got a 3D printed one made by @Philippe LECA... http://www.astrokraken.fr/clipsable-bahtinov-mask-for-standard-diameter-dslr-lens-a137731510 
I would order through his site as above. His status is showing that he last visited SGL on February 13th 2020. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ags said:

I am thinking of making a Bahtinov Mask for my camera lenses from a cheap UV filter. I will just draw on a multi-line Y pattern with a black permanent marker. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

Perhaps the indelible ink will be too transparent, that would be my first thought.  Sounds like you have nothing to lose, as the marker will likely clean off with alcohol should it fail anyway!