Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonight's Moon

Skipper Billy

9 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Tonight's Moon through shocking seeing and high cloud but still the best I have achieved thanks to suggestions from @Yawning Angel  -  Thank You - I owe you a dram!!

Full res here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/113316085@N05/50752017418/in/album-72157662766199285/

moon.jpg

Perfect. That is a fantastic image 🙂

A  very nice image and I only wish I could get the same.

One point I would make is that on this image I can see some red on the crater outlines at the bottom of the image and on the top, also some along the edge leading away from these. Is this due to data transmission and does it not appear on the original? I’m curious because whenever I see that sort of effect on my crummy images it’s because I have over worked it in the wavelets or over sharpened it. In this case though I’m more inclined to blame the transmission.

I feel bad now for having the nerve to criticise an image that is beyond anything I  have yet achieved.

8 minutes ago, Moonshed said:

One point I would make is that on this image I can see some red on the crater outlines at the bottom of the image and on the top, also some along the edge leading away from these. Is this due to data transmission and does it not appear on the original? I’m curious because whenever I see that sort of effect on my crummy images it’s because I have over worked it in the wavelets or over sharpened it. In this case though I’m more inclined to blame the transmission.

It's not there in the separate images so it must be down to me being cack-handed. I am under pressure to clear the dining room table of computers and screen - I can't think why 😉 - so I processed it in a hurry.  I will have a more considered go at it when this pagan festival/waste of money is over!! 😉  I would guess at wavelets being the issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1