NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Frustration & pleasure

Kimboman

Hi I went out this early evening to see if Saturn and Jupiter were observable but the clouds dominated this area.

The Moon however was in a very clear area so I used my MeadeETX90 with a bino viewer with two 25mm eyepieces and spent some time viewing it.

The views were really good as the Moon was in the first quarter which is when I feel is one of the best times to view it as it is not to bright.

The shadows that were being cast were amazing but once again the clouds rolled in so until the next time??

• Like 3

Why the question marks? we hope you'll head out again the next time you have some clear skies. Clouds are the thorn in the side of every one us poor saps who sometimes setup

our gear under clear skies only to be clouded over minutes later. Join the club my friend, it wont be the last time.

Edited by Sunshine

I love dramatic shadows on the moon! I find the moon a bit too bright when it is fuller too. I plan to try a variable polarising filter next time, so I can hopefully dim it to taste. I've been using it recently on Mars and it helped.

Good luck for another session soon!