Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yet another conjunction on 20th December

petevasey

Always lousy seeing here, particularly with the low altitude of the planets at my 55 deg N latitude, but a short break in the clouds, so gave it a go.  All stacked from 500 frame avis using an Altair GPCAM2C on RC10 with AP CCDT67 reducer.  4 telescope pics combined, Jupiter overexposed, Jupiter ok, overlay of Jup and Saturn, with Moon using the same setup to give scale.  Panasonic TZ70 pics wide field and zoomed 4x, taken around 1700.  Planet avis times between 1640 and 1644, Moon 1715.  Hope for a clear sky tomorrow for the closest approach, and if very lucky Tuesday as well.    

Cheers,

Peter

Stacks.jpg

WithMoon.jpg

Wide.jpg

Zoom 4x.jpg

Edited by petevasey
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, resonator77 said:

nice set of images, well done

Thank you.  As I said, the seeing was awful, not helped by the low altitude which introduced loads of colour separation.  So here are a few frames of the Jupiter biased video, clipped from the main video.  See what I mean!

Cheers,

Peter