Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroDMx for Windows

MrFreeze

Released this week was a Windows version of AstroDMx. Has anyone actually managed to get it to work, or is it just me?

I tried this on a Windows 7 laptop - It tried to install itself in a bizarre location (overridden), and ran up to the main screen OK. When selecting the camera (SV105) it claimed something missing (can't remember exactly what), and then promptly bombed out hard with an access violation. It didn't create a shortcut on the desktop that it had asked if I wanted, but did  put a DATA directory there instead. Seems like the installation parameters are corrupt?

David 

From what I can see, I doubt very much that it will work on Win7......

Edit:  The download page specifically states that Win 7 isn't supported. 

https://www.astrodmx-capture.org.uk/astronomy/linux-macos-windows/downloads i.e. 

For help installing AstroDMx Capture, see the Installation Instructions

• The Windows build of AstroDMx Capture requires a 64-bit version of Windows 10. There are no plans to release a 32-bit version.

• AstroDMx Capture is specifically designed to run on Windows 10. Windows 7 is NOT supported.

Edited by Dr_Ju_ju
  • Thanks 1

Yes I see that now - but that wasn't the page I downloaded it from - it didn't mention windows 10 at all. I can't even find the page in browser history. ??? Never mind - now uninstalled.  No way I would ever install spyware like Windows 10.

David

• 3 weeks later...

AstroDMx only works on Windows10, there are no plans for it to run under any other Windows version. I did get a reply from Nicola (the author) to that effect. The reason I didn't initially see anything on the website about only running under Windows10 is because there was no such statement until after I got in touch with her. So it's back to AltairCapture (which of course only runs my GP290C and not my SVbony cams).

David