ASIair Pro and scope focal length

The ASIair pro requires the focal length of the scope to be entered correctly.

Question: if, say, a 0.8x reducer is used, should the 'modded' focal length be entered or the original focal length?

Thank you.

I've done both with various imaging / plate solving software and still seems to work ok.

Haven't tried with the ASIAIR Pro as the scope I'm using with it hasn't got a focal reducer on it, have to say the ASIAIR Pro plate solving is lightening fast.

Dave

23 minutes ago, GrampyG said:

Question: if, say, a 0.8x reducer is used, should the 'modded' focal length be entered or the original focal length?

Thank you.

I don’t think it matters much. If you plate solve an image it calculates it and then enters it as a default.

35 minutes ago, GrampyG said:

Thank you.

If you leave the focal length at zero it should auto fill it for you.  I presume it does a blind solve and returns the focal length that would have been used based on the solved image and the camera and focal diameter of the scope given. If you are not getting a solved image check the scope settings are correct and try with the reduced focal length (as per the reducer) then the actual scope focal length. I ony put it in that order in case the ASIAir is taking it's time working out the real focal length based on the unreduced length.

Hope that makes sense and helps.