Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

c8 cleaning, Baader wonder fluid?

Hi Guys

:)

I screwed up and took a (albeit new and unused) microfibre cloth to the corrector on my C8 after one too many. The result is a horribly smeared mess.

I have the Baader Wonderfluid and just wanted to double check that its compatible with any coatings on the corrector of a Nexstar 8SE before attacking it.

Any words of warning or thumbs up?

Cheers

CP

cp, I use 50 per cent alchol and 50 per cent de ionised water with a few drops of washing up liquid, this works really well but do not rub too hard on the corrector plate and dont use to much fluid.steve.

The corrector plate does smear easily and I would buy some lens cleaning tissue especially for lenses. The same happened to me but using the alcohol and water cleared away the smear so do not panic. Steve

• 2 years later...

Could I ask about technique on this please? In fact, I'm wondering if I even have to clean the front glass element of my 8SE as it looks perfectly clear and clean until there's a hint of dew, it just tends to fog up in patches on those freezing winter nights (I have a dew shield and dew heaters).

I purchased the Baader fluid and lens cloth from FLO, but there's no instructions for applying it. Can I damage anything such as eyepieces or glass by rubbing too much? What's the general method for removing eye lash grease and dust etc? I have some camera lens cleaning tissues, they are pretty old but should be fine, or do I need special ones?

Thanks!

Archived