Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR ATTACHMENT

LDW1

Has anyone tried one of these attachments or similar ? You can insert a 1.25” ep into the tube then attach it to a 1.25” focuser and attaches to your dslr at the other end. I tried it in a couple of my 80mm f6 refractors for a long range daytime test and had no problem with focus providing I used a 3-4” extension in the focuser first. I just got it and haven’t had an acceptable nite sky yet to try it on the real objects like Orion, Pleiades,  Andromeda etc. This thing is solidly built and all for $30 C !

D28DAE50-641B-43D1-9992-F98AEA44E7E2.jpeg

68B1B8B7-9C53-471D-BE19-87FBD04324D7.jpeg

On 21/11/2020 at 18:41, LDW1 said:

haven’t had an acceptable nite sky yet to try it on the real objects like Orion, Pleiades,  Andromeda etc.

Deep Sky Objects like these are classed as Widefield, best imaged with your 80mm refractor with the dslr connected without the Svbony attachment.

The Svbony attachment will magnify the scopes image, so will be better suited to imaging tiny objects such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.

Michael

Edited by michael8554

I've got that along with an adapter that let's me use the camera with a barlow, in the 1.25" opening, no eyepiece.. This, with the barlow gives me a little less magnification than your type adapter.

Also have another that let's me unscrew the entire eyepiece part of the focuser, then attach the camera prime focus. This allows me to get the entire moon in my image.

4 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Deep Sky Objects like these are classed as Widefield, best imaged with your 80mm refractor with the dslr connected without the Svbony attachment.

The Svbony attachment will magnify the scopes image, so will be better suited to imaging tiny objects such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.

Michael

I was thinking more the Orion nebula, Andromeda, the Pleiades etc. for more close up  images ? 

2 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

I've got that along with an adapter that let's me use the camera with a barlow, in the 1.25" opening, no eyepiece.. This, with the barlow gives me a little less magnification than your type adapter.

Also have another that let's me unscrew the entire eyepiece part of the focuser, then attach the camera prime focus. This allows me to get the entire moon in my image.

It will allow me to do all of that but tell me how are the results thats what I want to hear. Can you post any results ?