NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hickson 10 in Andromeda

orionoffelt

Imaged on 19-11-2020 I would of liked more data as the image is still a bit noisy but the way the weather has been I was lucky to get this.

Luminance of 22 x 300 with a UHC-S filter

RGB of 5 x 300 each

all binned 2 x 2

Celestron 11" scope at F 6.3

QHY9m camera

Bob

CV_Hick 10 LRGB+6.JPG

• Like 5

That's a very nice capture Bob.  Like you say, it is still noisy despite having gathered a reasonable amount of data especially given that it is binned.  I can't help wondering about the choice of a UHC-S filter.  My understanding is that the band passes for this filter are set for emission nebulae and will thus block a lot of broadband signal.  It will reduce LP if imaging emission nebs be I would have thought it would hinder rather than help broadband images.

Thanks Martin for the feed back It is a long time since I used this filter my thinking was that this target would end up over a street light so I give it a try but I agree it looks like a bad choice I will try to get some unfiltered data when I can if I remember correctly this filter worked well on nebula gassy objects you have to experiment at times.

Bob