Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

UV/IR cut filter

Pryce

So I have a full spectrum mod DSLR and some various clip filters that I'll be using with it.

But,  du I need to install an UV/IR cut filter in my image train aswell? I've recently read that I need one to protect the sensor and Ha filter from IR radiation(?).

Anyways, if I do need one, what are some good options?  I'd probably need a 2" earlier in my imagetrain?

Alright,  so any make would do? Like the ZWO UV/IR cut filter? What about the Astronomik IR pass filters?

And i just need a 2" to screw into my CC or FF right? Nothing more fancy than that? 

Edited by Pryce

Then this may be a stupid question,  but if I need an UV/IR cut filter, what was the point of removing the UV/IR filters in the camera? 

Does the internal filters block a wider wavelength than the astronomy filters?

Oooh!  That makes sense. 

So since I have a fullspectrum modded DSLR all I need is a IR cut filter in my image train in addition to the clip ins.  Except for my CLS-CCD which essentially does the same thing in a different way.

And I read in another thread that I don't need a IR cut filter when I use the 150PDS as the parabolic mirror helps bring the IR wavelength to focus?