Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bespoke modification of Matsumoto EMS mirrors

GavStar

At the start of this year I purchased a Williams Optics Pegasus 103mm Binoscope as discussed here

I’ve been delighted by the views given by this Binoscope and in particular the ability to use 2 inch eyepieces. This enables wider fields of view but, importantly for me, enables me to use my 67mm Televue plossls (55mm plossl with Televue 67mm adapter attached) with my two night vision monoculars. Using two eyes is transformation for me for night vision observing in that the two separate images merged give significantly improved views of fine emission nebulae.

However, when using the 67mm (40 degree fov) eyepieces I noticed that the bottom left and right of the fov was clipped off. I contacted Tatsuro Matsumoto directly by email and he promptly replied that he could do a bespoke modification to replace the mirrors with a bigger set to remove this clipping.

I shipped the ems set to Japan and Tatsuro completed the modification this week. The ems mirrors are now on the way back to me and I’m looking forward to trying them out soon. Truly excellent service.

Tatsuro has documented the modification on his website and I’ve attached some translated screen shots below.

856614CE-8B89-4582-921F-C10FFCD2CC85.png

6368D8DF-2AF2-4E67-9121-BEA153EB4F30.png

A79463D6-BCEB-4EF9-96C3-CFC270D792F0.png

621B2485-AA63-46BB-BCE1-26AEB119B94E.png

• Like 3