AR12781 - Ha (first solar post here!)

Backyard Space Dude

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've managed any solar imaging, but I finally managed some yesterday! Wanted to share it here for my first solar post on SGL. I've got a lot to learn, I'd love some feedback and tips! 

SW Esprit 100, Quark Chromosphere, 174MM.

Stacked in AS!3, process in Photoshop, used Topaz Denoise and Sharpen for the enhancements.

AR12781_False.jpeg

AR12781_White.jpeg

AR12781_Limb_White.jpeg

• Like 15

Great images and i agree with nigella, dont rely on topaz for the ai deconvoltuion-  it does not have the required image data to support our field currently.

Topaz is amazing for converting .TIF raw processed data into .mkv and .mp4 file upscaling to 4k and 8k.      Other than that instance I would always use Imppg to process before using anything in topaz labs suite.

• Like 1

Wow, lovely shots! Your processing already looks fab to me.

It will be interesting to see what folks are using for sharpening currently. I tended to use Smart Sharpen in Photoshop with Remove set to Lens Blur, partly because it was so fast and seemed to my eyes to give comparable results to other methods!

But I am Photoshopless now and switching to Gimp. I have been trying Astra Image now, which I have used in the past, with Lucy-Richardson deconvolution. I think I'll take a look at ImPPG too!

• Like 1

Thanks all for the input! I used to use ImPPG, and it definitely gave great results! To be honest I totally forgot about it this time round, but I'm still very pleased with the results Topaz has given on this one. It's certainly the sharpest and least noisy image I've produced to date.

When I get some free time I'll do it again using ImPPG instead to compare.

• Like 1