NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

travel box for mounts

Hi all, just wondering if anyone on here has a storage/transport solution for their mount, have just upgraded to a Sky Watcher EQ6 pro mount and its a bit larger than my EQ5 mount, so would like a fairly robust ,preferably hard plastic case to transport and store it in,anyone have a link for similar would be appreciated, thanks Lum Essex

image.thumb.png.4e6c53a970a3636ccb89518b00348805.png

29 minutes ago, tonylumley said:

Hi all, just wondering if anyone on here has a storage/transport solution for their mount, have just upgraded to a Sky Watcher EQ6 pro mount and its a bit larger than my EQ5 mount, so would like a fairly robust ,preferably hard plastic case to transport and store it in,anyone have a link for similar would be appreciated, thanks Lum Essex

Look on CPC website there are several good water proof (to an extent) cases.

You get the idea. About £30-40 ish but the foam is the costly bit. I try to use packing foam I keep from other deliveries.You can use spray glue or water based types suitable for foam otherwise it cam melt the foam. Efoam sell loads of different types. All mine in the photo are reclaimed.