SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC1396

Stuf1978

Taken over the last three nights while dodging cloud and sorting out dithering issues. Stars are a little funky as focus on the sigma lens is really difficult to nail down. 

Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro
Canon 450Da
Sigma 150mm F2.8 macro at F4
Optolong L-eNhance 
SW 50mm Guidescope
ZWOASI120MM guide camera 
Pegasus pocket power box
EQMOD/APT/PHD2
46x5minute light frames with calibration 
Stacked in DSS processed in Ps
Bortle 8 garden 

Critique welcome 🙏 

IC1396 Final.jpg

Edited by Stuf1978
  • Like 17

I think thats really good. I like the colours and the trunk and other features are showing well. For me though the stars feel just a little too sharp and particularly near the centre.

But its a nice image with good atmosphere.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mackiedlm said:

I think thats really good. I like the colours and the trunk and other features are showing well. For me though the stars feel just a little too sharp and particularly near the centre.

But its a nice image with good atmosphere.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I can see what you mean. I think one of the issues is that this lens shows some slight coma even when stopped down so you really need to sharpen up the stars in post to clear it up a bit 😃

On 26/10/2020 at 11:48, Stuf1978 said:

Bortle 8 garden

This is an amazing result for a Bortle 8 location and the more you look the more you see in the image.

On my MacBook there is a distinct albeit mild green cast so I applied SCNR in PI - I think Hasta La Vista Green does the same thing in PS (Windows only).

Hope you don't mind me sharing the result:

IC1396Final-scnr.thumb.jpg.c566a1fa85092a1882d375fbdb6a9956.jpg

Adrian

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adreneline said:

This is an amazing result for a Bortle 8 location and the more you look the more you see in the image.

On my MacBook there is a distinct albeit mild green cast so I applied SCNR in PI - I think Hasta La Vista Green does the same thing in PS (Windows only).

Hope you don't mind me sharing the result:

IC1396Final-scnr.thumb.jpg.c566a1fa85092a1882d375fbdb6a9956.jpg

Adrian

Thanks for the compliment Adrian, appreciated :) 

Yes I can see the slight green cast now you have pointed it out. Thank you for having a little play with the image and removing the cast, there's a definite improvement :)  I think it's always worthwhile sitting on an image for a little while once you think you are done with the processing as I find there are always slight improvements you can make.

• Like 1