SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

450d won't turn on after modifying

Ceri boots

19 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Disassemble the camera and check all connections are correctly refitted ?

Slightly different, but i just replaced my front digitizer screen on my phone, and had the same issue, wouldn't power up, and thought i had scraped my phone !!, but, i unplugged and re-seated all the connections and then powered up fine. Possibly, as you say, worth trying the connections again 👍

John

On 09/10/2020 at 06:28, johngm said:

Slightly different, but i just replaced my front digitizer screen on my phone, and had the same issue, wouldn't power up, and thought i had scraped my phone !!, but, i unplugged and re-seated all the connections and then powered up fine. Possibly, as you say, worth trying the connections again 👍

John

I now have power but it won't read the card grrrr

When I was working with DSLRs I often had trouble with connections.  Sometimes they looked alright but the printed cables weren't fully home.  There were times when I had to try several times before it worked!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having removed all IR filters from my 400D (like a surgical operation) there are a lot of flat film connectors that either have small flaps that fold down, or pull up to release the printed film.  If these flaps are not released properly the tension on the film is not released and it's easy to break the film at the point of entry.  The only way to check that the cable is intact is to check each trace with a continuity tester.  You could get lucky and release and reseat each cable and connector, but if that hasn't worked then chances are one of the traces on the film has been damaged.