NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I dunno what this means?

Astro_mark_c

I've been following step by step tutorials on how to set up my zwo asi guide scope and EQM 35 pro mount so they work with PHD2.  I've installed the drivers for the guide camera, I've installed the ASCOM 6.5 drivers onto my windows laptop, I've installed the ASCOM drivers from the skywatcher website and I've updated my handset.

I'm following the new wizard process in PHD2, pick the guide camera, which is connected to my laptop, all good there, then it gets to the mount part.  I chose Skywatcher Mount (ASCOM) while my handset is connected to my laptop via a B2 to usb cable (i dunno if this is right, so correct me if im wrong).  But when PHD2 gives me the prompt to check the mount connected to the laptop I get the error as shown in the attached image.  This is all new to me, so I don't know the first place to look to fix this?

Thanks, 

image0.jpeg

When I try to connect to my EQM-35, PHD2 complains that it can't find the com port and I have to click on the spanner button. PHD2 then finds the mount and then I can connect. For some reason, the com port for the mount changes from one session to the next (but the com port for the guide camera doesn't).

The error message is probably obscuring the box that needs populating but if you need to supply a com port for the mount during the initial set up,  you should be able to determine what it is through Windows Control Panel.

Edited by Seelive