NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help! My Meade LS8 has been unable to get a GPS signal

Hi Guys! Hope you can help! My Meade LS8 telescope will no longer get a GPS fix and I can't download a firmware update for the Autostar Suite 3 handset as Meade went bankrupt last year and no longer support their customers.  I have tried to manually enter the time and my location but it keeps going into an endless loop and never saves the info entered. I was wondering if anyone has encountered similar issues to mine? Any guidance would be great!

You should be able to get a mini SD card with the firmware on from astro shops.

I got one from Harrison Telescopes a couple of years ago, and have a friend who got one from them earlier this year.

Edited by Gfamily

• 1 year later...
On 20/09/2020 at 08:19, Brian Stevens said:

Thanks for your reply!  I will try the link below and see if I can update it onto my mini SD card. Failing that I will probably order the latest version from Harrison telescopes as suggested. Clear skies everyone! 

HI Brian,

Contempalting buying a used LS8 Lightswitch ACF so have been researching and amongst others, came across your post. Did you get the issue resolved and if so, has it been reliable since? Many thanks