NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Not sure if my new asi533 is working properly

Craig a

Ok so I’m out out imaging the deer lick galaxy so the background will be dark As the galaxy is only smallish in my fov but I’ve set the gain to 100 and offset to 70, I have taken 3 min subs at f4.5 and my mean adu value for entire image is 5000? Is this normal for these cameras as my canon 1100d at iso1600 would be up at 20000ish? Im capturing in nebulosity but I had the same result in asi studio also I’m not using a lp filter either, any advice would be appreciated 

Edited by Craig a

As a wild stab in the dark....It may be that the output from the Canon1100D is being converted to 16 bit on the screen.  If that is the case then you will have 2^16 levels (65536) hence 20,000 would be about 30% of saturation.  On the other hand the ASI533 is 14 bit naturally so would have 2^14 levels (16384) hence 5000 would be again about 30% of saturation.  Maybe check what the maximum level you have in the DSLR vs ASI to confirm this is what is happening.

• 3 weeks later...