Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will the SW Gold 120ED fit into the SW case made for the SW 100ED?

INFO WANTED ON SKYWATCHER 100ED CASE AND IF 120ED WILL FIT - PLEASE HELP!

Hello everone. I have a gold SW 120ED and want to know if it will fit in the 100ED SW case, with the foam suitably trimmed of course.

1 If anyone is using a 120ED in such a case, can you let me know if it is ok please.

2 If you have a 100ED case, can you please measure the INSIDE and let me know the measurements please. I can then assess if the 120ED will fit.

I have tried ringing Optical Vision but can't get a reply and other dealers I have contacted don't seem to know. OV supply a case with the new black/white 120ED model but I don't know if I can buy one without the scope. (can't get through on the phone)

If your information brings my quest to a successful conclusion, I'll be very grateful. Thanks.

[/]

Thanks Greg, yes, that's what I am thinking of doing - buying an 100ED case if the 120ED will fit inside. I've contacted FLO and Steve didn't know. The new 120ED comes with a case, but as far as I know they are not available on their own. Regards, Paul

Thanks to everyone who replied. Steve is spot on, it doesn't fit, it falls short by around 30mm in depth, ah well. Any chance Steve you could convince Robert at OV that he should sell me one of the cases that come with the new line of 120EDs?!

Regards, Paul

Many thanks Steve. If you get a negative from OV re the case, please let me know anyway - I'll then try and get something else. Of course it would be heaven (sorry) to get the correct case for it. Thanks for your efforts on my behalf. Regards, Paul

It does fit!! A friend of mine brought up his case with the foam taken out and my ED120 does fit inside it. It's extremely close length wise, without diagonal, but it does go in. No problem with the other dimensions. I'm still hoping there is some chance Robert from OL will let me have one of the cases made for the new version, which presumably are bigger looking at the pics I've seen with the new version it it's case. I'll be contacting you again soon Steve.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Regards Paul.

Archived