Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MWP1 and ALV1 Planetary Nebulae in Cygnus

Tom OD

This image started off as something completely different. I was looking at the Tulip Neb to add to Ollys X ray Bow shock image. Some clouds came in and the mount moved, and started re-guiding on another star.

It took a 30min O3 sub and I noticed a signal right at the top of the frame. I decided to switch to this image object. It took a few days before I found some other images of it.

Turns out it is MWP1 a Planetary nebula. Just below and right of it is another ALV1 planetary. So a nice two for one in this area of Cygnus.

This was a nightmare to process due to the amount of stars, and I m not happy at all with it. I need to do some serious revision and practicing to get more out of this, but I still decided to post it as is for the moment.

This has 24hrs each of O3 and Ha, mixed with 6hrs of RGB.

I do like that there seems to be an outer shell / shockwave of O3 data, while the Ha seems to be more extensive throughout the region.

RA 21Hrs 17Mins, Dec 34:11

54hrs from Remote Observatory in France.

Ha:O3:RGB

Tom

MWP1 Web.jpg

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Kinch said:

WoW! Cant think of anything else to say just now apart from saying that this is so interesting! (The WoW was for the time getting it 🙂 )

Thanks very much Brendan. I should have made it 60 to get more RGB  :)

Tom.

3 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Nice one, star reduction will really help bringing the nebula forward.

Thanks Mark

I have already done star reduction, and blending in a lightly adjusted Dust and Scratches layer. With so many hours even in the narrowband, the stars over whelmed the image.

T.

nightmare to process due to the amount of stars, and I m not happy at all with it

Tom,

Interesting problem to have - too much data. This is going to be a tough nut to crack. But locking at the current result well worth the effort!

I am curious to see what you make out of this. Maybe start with the RGB and use starnet on the NB?

Regards,

Ecki

• Like 1