Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42+M43 core

Tim

After playing with the groups images on registar, and after having another good look at the Hubble pic, I thought I'd have one more crack at my M42 data taken through the GSO 8" Astrograph. I was especially keen to make the most of the finer filamentary wisps that are so evident in the Hubble pic. Bringing them out but leaving the background the same was challenging, but I eventually found a layering method that enabled the lighter wisps to stand out a little more.

This is just a crop, but the next step is to combine this data with SteveL's to see how the two QHY8's perform as a twin unit, and then I will get around to combining all the other data too. But for now, this one's all mine :hello2: .

Thanks for looking.

Best to download the full image here > http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/action/download_files/fileid/102

11772_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived