NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bust my EQ2 mount (sob)

Eddster

So, one of the tube mounting rings bust off the mount. During my amateur repairs, I had to disassemble a little.

I think a spring or some such popped out, never to be seen again. It's the Skywatcher EQ2 mount. Does anyone have any idea of the inner workings of the declination axis so I can work out how to fix it?

The tube ring is fixed but the declination control rod won't work because of this (possibly) missing part.

I'm going to replace the scope soon anyway, but don't want to pass it on without a working mount, but even worse, at the moment I can't use it!!!

Edited by Eddster

The saddle differs on my EQ-2, but here is the DEC's adjustment assembly exploded...

1259483378_DECadj_assy.jpg.ce018baf15d8c2ed6640082895b1b10b.jpg 

That's the only spring within the entire mount-head, I believe, there partially seen on the left.

The saddle of the OP's is most like that of my EQ-1...

184097030_mountingsaddle.jpg.da30e9aea6474ed30f81e9e487d6604f.jpg

...although I had swapped that original saddle out for a Vixen-style, and just as that of my EQ-2.