Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st H/A light for THE Asi290mm (sort of!)

Pete Presland

Been thinking about moving on from my trusty friend the DMK21au618, it been a great servant over many years but technology moves on.

I have owned an Asi 290mm for some time and i think i definitely did some white light images with it once, i may have popped it in the Lunt perhaps....

The first thing i noticed were the very newton rings which were very easily compensated for with my tilt adapter.

I could get the full disc in width wise, but not quite on the smallest dimension of the chip. So i slowly drifted the disc starting with one end showing to the limb then moving the other end on to the chip.

If my calculations are right, this single SER run capture is almost the same reoslution as when i do a 12 pane mosaic with my DMK.

Not the sharpest image and will still be doing some close ups, but a promising start i think. I have been considering an Asi174mm, but other than the global shutter i am not sure what i would gain. I would have to Barlow the camera to achieve this resolution as well.

Lunt 50mm double stack, Asi290mm and tilt adapter.

1698683635_2020_08.11singlecaptureasi290mm.thumb.png.f06dde62e24fd55274fd19201553f6f1.png

• Like 12