Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bright Perseid

Hi SGL

Here is a lucky capture of a very bright Perseid that left a smoke trail in Green, then fading to Brown over a few minutes. I was going to stop the exposure but as there was still a smoke trail I let it run the full 60s, so I have over exposed

the lights from nearby Baltimore Cork Ireland.

60s, 14mm, ISO 3200, Canon Ra, static shot.

A friend in the meteor watch group is trying to triangulate this as he has two cameras captures, and plenty of positional data to work from. There may be more to tell about this Perseid when he is finished.

Thanks Tom.

50218864781_729d41a9cd_o(1).jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Tom OD said:

Hi SGL

Here is a lucky capture of a very bright Perseid that left a smoke trail in Green, then fading to Brown over a few minutes. I was going to stop the exposure but as there was still a smoke trail I let it run the full 60s, so I have over exposed

the lights from nearby Baltimore Cork Ireland.

60s, 14mm, ISO 3200, Canon Ra, static shot.

A friend in the meteor watch group is trying to triangulate this as he has two cameras captures, and plenty of positional data to work from. There may be more to tell about this Perseid when he is finished.

Thanks Tom.

50218864781_729d41a9cd_o(1).jpg

Very nice Tom.  I knew I’d seen this before - Michael O’Connell sent us a WhatsApp message to check if anyone else recorded it. Unfortunately it was just outside the field of view of my SW meteor camera.  Did he get any more progress on it? 

Adam. 

8 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Lovely image and a nicely captured Perseid. I don't think is't too over exposed at all.

Thanks Mark,

I tamed the light pollution as much as I could, but it did white clip somewhat.

9 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Very nice Tom.  I knew I’d seen this before - Michael O’Connell sent us a WhatsApp message to check if anyone else recorded it. Unfortunately it was just outside the field of view of my SW meteor camera.  Did he get any more progress on it? 

Adam. 

Ah I just sent it to him last night. He is looking into it, and he did mention that two cameras caught it. Lets see what he can calculate from the image and co-ods I passed on.

Tom