Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn report

mark RD

First time out with my new Meade 6.3mm 4000 series ep, I had a look about for saturn noticed its very high in the sky ( this is about 8.45pm ) Best sitting position was kneeling on the ground ( bleeping refractors ). Well what a suprise there was in store for me, Saturn just sat there large in the eye piece first thing I noticed clearly was casini gape then I noticed plenty of planet detail clearly seeing two bands maybe three. I had an attempt at taking an afocal pic but I just could not get it lined up.

The down side was I did not have much luck with the motor drive on my scope still, I think this time it is human error though and as there was a bank of cloud on its way I had little time to play around with it, maybe next time ..

Mark

Well i think it was more my fault just not getting it polar aligned, when I have more time I will have a bit of a play, I'm sure I just need a bit of practice :lol:

Yes I am very pleased with the eye piece it was worth every penny of the £31 it cast me knocks the bleep out of the seben ocular 7.5 I was using before.

Mark

I can send you a Meade 26mm Ep if you're struggling for EP'S :lol:

Thanks for the offer :shock: :) I'm trying to go for the entire set of 4000 series. I got 26mm 12.5mm and the 6.3mm at the moment. I also have a few other brands of other sizes but they will soon be replaced Although I may still keep the celestron 32mm I have.

Mark

The 12.4 and 32mm are my faves from the Series 4000 Super Plossl range.

(If you find a 13.8 SWA secondhand, grab it! A wonderful eyepiece 8))

Thanks for that I will keep an eye on the old evilbay :lol: for one, whats a reasonable price?

Mark

Archived