Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dilemma....

I currently own a c80 ed which is a great little scope with great optics,the only flaw with these scopes is the focuser,now i have been trying to buy a used focuser as a replacement but to no avail,now the dilemma is do i buy a new focuser at around £ 140 or sell the scope and but a new SW 80 ed,which would not be much more after selling the scope and not having to replace the focuser.......what would you do..

Paul

33 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

I would also go for the focus upgrade.   Its not that the Focuser on the SW 80 ED doesn't need Improvement! Plus the classy old c80 probably is more emotional attached to you

Yes i like the old scope,but it would probably be a Skywatcher focuser, or similar  that would be replacing the original one.......so,

Sell my old c80, maybe around £ 180,save the £ 140 on focuser,£ 30 for adaptor to fit focuser...Tot,£ 350.

New 80ed...£ 380.

7 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

I see nice black sw focusers (used) for around 60£/70€.   I think i would choose a nice used focuser instead a new and less smooth complete buy.  

Your probably right,i have advertised for a while now for a used one,but no joy as yet,even put a wanted add on cloudy nights.

Patience i think.   The wanted section is mostly skipped.   In Holland the offered and wanted adds are not seperate and automatically viewed more often.   Maybe try to search also overseas.  Transport isn’t that expensive

• Like 1