Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A couple of Lunar landscapes

qcdougn

Here's a couple of landscapes from Friday night when the moon was nearly full. I imaged several areas along the edges.... I hope to do better when the shadows and lighting are better during different phases.

Cheers

Doug

Thank you guys for the kind remarks and encouragement. I was a little disappointed with my efforts in the cold night air. I appreciate the support this forum gives to the members...Regards.

* Hey Rog...yes, I've gone to mostly lunar imaging now.. I haven't done a DSO in about a year...hopefully, I'll catch one soon.

Doug

Beautiful work, Doug! Very impressive rille captures in the first image, and the second one shows the cleanest view of Byrgius A's bright ejecta I've ever seen. The ejecta is so bright it usually burns out the surrounding environs, but you managed to tame it while maintaining excellent brightness in the dark limb areas.

Well done. :thumbright:

Talithia,

You have a very broad knowledge of lunar details. I wasn't sure what craters I had captured. However, once I looked up Byrgius in Rukl and re-oriented my photo I saw what you described.

Thank you for your attention to detail

Cheers,

Doug

Archived