Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Does anybody attend an Astro club at a castle near Banbury?

Tim

If so, you're doing your job well.

A customer of mine came in today, and we were talking about the weather. The skies were lovely blue, and of course I mentioned that the telescope would be coming out tonight if it stayed that way. (Naturally it's misty as hell now :hello2: ) The customer then enthused about an astro society he had seen at some place near Banbury, I didn't catch the name, began with S I think. They had showed him all the kit they had built/were building and he mentioned a lovely 12" refractor. He said he was so impressed, he was thinking of building himself a telescope.

So whoever you are, well done on effectively spreading the gospel :thumbright:

TJ

I used to live in Eastern Green Ferox, Despard Rd to be precise. I shouldnt have thought it was too bad there, or do you catch it from Solihull and Brum? I guess from Cov it doenst matter which way you look, there's a town not far off.

Dont think i'd want to be where Ringz is though :hello2:

To be perfectly frank TJ, nothing is going to cut through the LP here. Depressingly the powers that be in the old people's home at the end of my garden cut down all of the bushes along the margin fence. This means I'm getting even more direct light than before :crybaby:

I did have my Skywatcher 127 out a few days ago looking at Venus and that's about as much observing I've done since I went to the Salisbury Star Party at the end of August.

This week I was going to the council house to see if I could beg them to do something but I've just been offered a job and sorting that out has taken priority at the moment. Though it does give me a good excuse for wanting to blot out the stree tlamps, because I need a good night's sleep :hello2:

--

Martyn

I wonder if it is worth me looking into using the garden centre here as a dark(er) spot for some locals. The only stinker is the A46 which has orange lights along it, thats in the direction of NW. hmmmmmmm

• 2 years later...
Hi TJ,

I think the society is this one.

About Us | Hanwell Community Observatory

I have never been to one of their star and snowdrop open days but may do if I can find my wellies :p

Regards,

Martyn.

This is very interesting, and right on my doorstep! It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of great information that can be picked up on SGL :icon_salut:

Thanks Martyn

Archived