NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Used dslr for £400

RobST

Hi Everyone

So i have a very old Canon 400d and am thinking of upgrading, i was all set to get a Canon 200d but then started reading that it wasn't very good for astro, this new camera wont be a dedicated astro camera but if the skys are clear and i don't have to be up for work then i would like to point my camera at the stars 😁

Really would like a flip out screen and live view just to make life a bit easier.

Any advice on what to get would be great, or would the 200d be fine and it's just not that great to what is available now?

Thanks Rob

5 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

I would look at a used 60D or even a 70D on sites like MPB or Wex, might just be able to get one for around the £400 mark and will be far better than the 200D you looked at.

Alan

Thanks Alan, i have been scouring those sites, even looking at 6d but really would like the flip screen 😁

26 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

How about a 600d? You'll have change of your £400 

I have looked at 600d as well plus 700, 750, 760, 80, 70, 60 😂, lots of people seem to have the 600d, i can only really go on tests that people have done, 200d seems to be comparable to the 80d at least on dxo, people seem very impressed with the 80d, so not sure why the 200d would produce images with more noise? I'm sure all would be a major upgrade from my 400d anyway 😁