NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello, I used to use Pipp, registax and autostacker on my Mac. I updated to OSX Catalina and they have all stopped working. I have since deleted all the programmes in the hope of reinstalling them. However when I try to reinstall PIPP I get the following error " Prefix creation exited with error". 

Has anyone encountered this? If so do you have a fix or an idea what the issue is? I have attached a screenshot. Thank you. 

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 17.58.05.png

There's an error there that says "Bad CPU type in executable".  Is it perhaps possible that you're running on a 64-bit machine and trying to run a 32-bit executable?

James

3 minutes ago, JamesF said:

There's an error there that says "Bad CPU type in executable".  Is it perhaps possible that you're running on a 64-bit machine and trying to run a 32-bit executable?

James

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it is possible as I have the new MacBook Air. I could try to download the 64 bit version to see if that works? 

My ZWO ASI290 camera arrived today so I am trying my best to get ready for tonight as by some miracle it is clear where I am!

37 minutes ago, Rickyftb07 said:

I could try to download the 64 bit version to see if that works?

I think that would be worth a try.  I seem to recall Apple saying that they were dropping all 32-bit support in Catalina.

James

Catalina only allows 64 bit apps to run.  I am not sure but I think WINE Bottler and some of the windows programs it uses are 32 bit.

It will be the same with Big Sur when it comes out.

I have not updated to Catalina and I am staying with Mojave.

Edited by wornish

• 11 months later...
On 21/07/2020 at 14:51, Rickyftb07 said:

Hello, I used to use Pipp, registax and autostacker on my Mac. I updated to OSX Catalina and they have all stopped working. I have since deleted all the programmes in the hope of reinstalling them. However when I try to reinstall PIPP I get the following error " Prefix creation exited with error". 

Has anyone encountered this? If so do you have a fix or an idea what the issue is? I have attached a screenshot. Thank you. 

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 17.58.05.png

I am facing the same problem in my mac pro, am using Catalina, and have tried to use PIPP 32bits and 64bits, all of them , same problem!!! 

Does anybody solve this problem ?  

Tks so much!

As I said in my post almost a year ago macOS Catalina and BigSur only allow 64bit apps to run.  I am on BigSur now and have Autostakkert3 and Registax working using wine. Unfortunately PIPP has some libraries that are 32bit and won't work.  I don't think it is actively supported any more.

Edited by wornish

I've emailed the author with a reference to this thread as it looks like he's not signed in on SGL for almost a year.  If there's no response after a couple of days I'll try a different address that I have for him.

James

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried both the addresses I have now.  The first didn't appear to receive a response, perhaps because it's no longer read.  The second (his work address, as far as I know) bounced.

I hope that Chris is well and just busy rather than the project being effectively dead.  I know he planned to open the source at one point, but I don't believe that happened and we may be stuck for the time being.  He was confirmed as a speaker at a planetary imaging workshop last year, but that didn't happen for obvious reasons.

James