NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

East Veil Nebula

Bigfoot 9907

A couple of clear nights last week and i managed to capture 3 hours of data on the eastern veil nebula, 1.5 hours Ha and 1.5 hours Oiii ( Meade 480mm F6 refractor + ASI1600mm camera) and combined using the HOO pallete. Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop. My processing skills are still very basic and I am still very much learning the dark craft.

East Veil Nebula.jpg

• Like 14

Lovely image.

I don't often pixel peep but it looked like some hot red pixels were showing, turns out to be stars but i did notice a slight elongation of the stars in the corners. 

I think your camera may be a smidge too close. 

• Like 1

That's a really nice image, on Mark's point it might be worth having a play with starnet++. Sometimes if my stars aren't quite right I will use it to remove all the stars in each colour channel before combination and then just use the stars from the channel with the smallest (this just gives white stars) or just shoot 30mins or so of RGB data and use the stars from those.

You've captured some nice whispy detail in there though andd I'd be very happy with that.

Wyvern.

• Like 1