William Optics 90mm Saddle Plate for Vixen-Style Dovetail Rails

bomberbaz

You need holes at 35mm centres for the Skytee II and many other alt az mounts. Looking at the WO diagram (blue image on FLO's page) it is difficult to see if it has that :icon_scratch:

I bought a WO DT bar last year from that range and it turned out to be slightly narrower than my other Vixen type bars. The ADM clamp would not grasp it firmly. Not really what was wanted !

FLO did their usual quick return though.

Why can't manufacturers stick to an accepted standard, at least when it comes to mounting arrangements :icon_scratch:

• Like 1

I phoned up the nice people at widescreen centre who checked the hole separation on the oblong holes of the WO saddle. The measure from 25mm on the inside edges to 45 mm on the outside edges so perfect for the skytee.

Also in the red colour which is the colour I wanted. Happy days. 

Edited by bomberbaz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Glad ypu got it sorted but why oh why don’t they provide a drawing with measurements in the first place. 🤔

I even checked the WO website and they don't even have the seperation on there. It's not like it's a hard job to do so fully agree with you there john.

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

Glad ypu got it sorted but why oh why don’t they provide a drawing with measurements in the first place. 🤔

There is a photo with measurements on FLO's site but the measurements are not the ones that are really needed - the centre to centre distance between the mounting holes !

Glad you got it sorted anyway Steve :icon_biggrin:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/07/2020 at 19:51, bomberbaz said:

FLO have seen this thread and are going to put the dimensions on their website once they are confirmed. 👏

This is a general issue for me. The number of times I've not been able to check whether a bracket or plate will fit with my equipment is, well, astronomical. Any of the accessory listings should include a dimensioned sketch showing hole sizes, threads, cross centers etc