NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hazy Moon but pretty pleased

Dannomiss

Was a tough one with so much haze around the moon, but pretty pleased with my second ever moon shot 🙂

Heritage 150p
ISO 50
1/120 Sec
Huawei P20
Edited in Photoshop

moon.jpg

moon2.jpg

Edited by Dannomiss
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, nfotis said:

Nice, I will have to get a suitable eyepiece and try my phone as well (still shooting only full disk)

N.F.

To be fair I need a 12 or 15mm EP. The 10mm was too magnified and the 25mm was too far out.... so need a middle ground

4 minutes ago, Dannomiss said:

To be fair I need a 12 or 15mm EP. The 10mm was too magnified and the 25mm was too far out.... so need a middle ground

The only problem with the BST StarGuiders is, that they are too wide a diameter at the eye-cup to get a mobile phone adaptor to clamp too!

Nice shots !

I've only relatviely recently discovered that the mobile phone camera is capable of producing some pretty good lunar and solar images just held steadily to the eyepiece and leaving the phone firmware to do it's thing. I even managed to snap Venus and Mercury this way during the recent conjunction of those two planets.

I've found a zoom eyepiece and simple (cheap !) e.bay phone clamp works quite well. The zoom eyepiece can be adjusted quickly and the mobile cameras digital zoom helps fill the screen as well.

I'm not going to turn into an imager any time soon but it's simple, quick, cheap, does no need wires and power supplies and can add to the fun of lunar observing :smiley:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, merlin100 said:

The only problem with the BST StarGuiders is, that they are too wide a diameter at the eye-cup to get a mobile phone adaptor to clamp too!

I have managed to get it too work 🙂 but theres also this adapter that works nicely .. https://www.altairastro.com/altair-self-centering-smartphone-telescope-adapter-215-p.asp

6 minutes ago, John said:

Nice shots !

I've only relatviely recently discovered that the mobile phone camera is capable of producing some pretty good lunar and solar images just held steadily to the eyepiece and leaving the phone firmware to do it's thing. I even managed to snap Venus and Mercury this way during the recent conjunction of those two planets.

I've found a zoom eyepiece and simple (cheap !) e.bay phone clamp works quite well. The zoom eyepiece can be adjusted quickly and the mobile cameras digital zoom helps fill the screen as well.

I'm not going to turn into an imager any time soon but it's simple, quick, cheap, does no need wires and power supplies and can add to the fun of lunar observing :smiley:

I don't think I will turn into an imager anytime soon either, mainly because of budget and money lol. I am just enjoying using my phone and learning about the sky 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dannomiss said:

I don't think I will turn into an imager anytime soon either, mainly because of budget and money lol. I am just enjoying using my phone and learning about the sky 🙂

Me neither.  A photo can't replicate the brilliance and the life seen through the eyepiece.

5 minutes ago, merlin100 said:

Me neither.  A photo can't replicate the brilliance and the life seen through the eyepiece.

I have to keep telling myself to just put the phone down and just look and appreciate what I am seeing and enjoy that experience, without feeling the need to constantly try and get the next best photo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

I'm not going to turn into an imager any time soon

That's what you think.  😆  This is how it all starts, and before you know it....................

• Haha 2