NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Revalation 12" Dob

Hi guys, There is a 12@ Revalation Dob on the matket and it looks like a lot of light gathering for not much money so I assume its got problems. Anyone got experience with this telescope?

Cheers

Mike

They are pretty good scopes generally (I used to have the 8" version) but need the usual fine tuning that dobs need, eg new collimation springs and some bobs knobs for collimation adjustments, etc. They were very reasonably priced when new - around £499 (delivered !) from Telescope House so it's not unusual to see them for sale 2nd hand for reasonable prices. The scopes were made by GSO - same as the Meade Lightbridge's and Telescope Services (Germany) dobsonians. You need to check carefully on the condition of the mirrors and the base I would say.

John

I bought one of these secondhand recently and it is now my best friend! They perform very well indeed and have a good solid feel to them. The springs had already been replaced with tougher ones and the mirror was spotless! I hadn’t seen too many around so I snapped it up. Every time I use it never fails to impress me. Just fantastic!

Archived