Dovetail bars 101 ?? Help

Hello all. Thort I knew bout dovetail bars. Maybe not ? 
Just received from FLO a Primaluce saddle - vixen / losmandy fitting - lovely bit of kit. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/dovetails-saddles-clamps/primaluce-lab-plus-big-dovetail-clamp-for-vixen-losmandy.html

I  have SW bars fitted to both my scopes. 
Reading the blurb I led myself to believe that Vixen and Skywatcher d bars are the same. 
However cannot get to fit them to the new saddle. It’s not spring loaded - am I missing the obvious- sure I am. 
Looking to be set straight. ( I have mailed FLO to try and clarify 

thx. John 

782D8690-1730-48B0-92F7-20670BE99B8B.jpeg

Edited by Telescope40

When you say that you can't get the Skywatcher bars to fit in the clamp, in what way ?

I assume that you have opened the clamp jaws and then tried to fit the DT bar into the deeper and narrower of the 2 recesses ?

I have the ADM equivalent clamp and it fits the Skywatcher DT bars OK.

4 minutes ago, John said:

When you say that you can't get the Skywatcher bars to fit in the clamp, in what way ?

I assume that you have opened the clamp jaws and then tried to fit the DT bar into the deeper and narrower of the 2 recesses ?

I have the ADM equivalent clamp and it fits the Skywatcher DT bars OK.

Hello John.  That seems to be the issue. Yes. That’s what I’m trying. I have a couple of ADM saddles that are spring loaded.  Piece of cake with those. 
This Primaluce one doesn’t seem to be made that way. Can’t seem to open it at all, ( budge it ).   The saddle does not seem to adjust ???  Totally baffled ATM. 
Guess I’m missing something fundamental which I’m good at sometimes. 
Ive seen posts from @johninderbyand @garryblueboy who have / had the same saddle. Maybe if they see this they can enlighten me. 

Thx. John 

The Primaluce saddle is spring loaded like the ADM and should open easily. Perhaps the thumbscrews have been overtightened? Do the thumbscrews unscrew or are they stuck?

317EB1E6-38A3-4C81-96EA-94D0A96F5423.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

Hello guys.  I’ve removed the thumbscrews completely off the saddle. I am seeing no gap as per the photo you have posted @johninderby

Tempted to remove the bolts that the thumbscrews mount to but don’t want to do any damage if I have to return it. 
Feels like it’s “welded” shut. 
Are there any grub screws at all ??  
Bonkers 

John 

Hello again.  Looks like it’s a duff un. Taken both thumbscrews off. Cannot get it to move. Given it a few taps. Pulled it, pushed it. Nothing. Cannot see any springs like the ADM ones I have.  Should you be able to see springs ?? 
Back to FLO unfortunately. Can’t do much more as don’t want any - not returned as supplied issues with FLO. 
John 

Edited by Telescope40

Hello.  Still a no go with this saddle.  Thanks for the photo update @johninderby but the clamp will not open at all so I cannot see any Spring mechanism. I'm going to give it one more go but think it'll be a return to FLO and get another one sent out. 

Really appreciate the input with this rather odd situation. 

Regards.  John